Call for Resource PersonsINCRESE
Connecting the Dots is a Feminist institute on intersectionality of rights and social change through advocacy, capacity strengthening and civic engagement. Its goal is to build alliances and develop capacities across movements and socio-economic sectors; for enhanced broad-based and integral sexual rights advocacy and effective civic participation towards social change. The program hopes to achieve increased civic participation and representation to foster sustainable development. This is an initiative of the International Centre for Sexual Reproductive Rights (INCRESE) jointly supported by Dreilinden and Tides Foundation.
Therefore, INCRESE is establishing a roaster for consultants to contribute to the realisation of this project. Expertise are required in the following thematic areas:
- Political Economy of Globalisation;
- Sustainable Livelihood and Environmental Justice;
- Political Restructuring; and
- Social Transformation and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights.
For more information about Connecting the Dots, please visit the project website: https://www.increse.org/connectingthedots.
Scope of Work:
- Lead the development for training curricula and materials as needed in various contexts including breakouts, group session and ensure timely completion of activities and events.
- Lead and provide expert input on specific workshop sessions in the domains mentioned above as well as provide advice and perform other task as required to support the workshop.
- To assist in the design, preparation including venue preparation and set-up and facilitation of the workshop, breakout meetings and focus group discussions, etc.
- To facilitate the drafting of workshop agenda/program of events with various stakeholders to ensure the accomplishment of the overall objectives.
- To support and advise presenters on how to maximize active engagement of the group in discussion, raising issues, making recommendations and drawing conclusions.
- To support in the identification, organization and preparation of the workshop meeting rooms to best accomplish the objectives of training; such as comfort, seating, presentation space, break-out space, etc.
- To continuously gauge and solicit feedback from participants formally and informally.
- To assist in detailed feedback and edits draft report on the workshop, including lesson learnt and outputs.
Engaged contractors are expected to be available to travel to the location of training workshops within Nigeria. Pre-workshop consultations with relevant stakeholders, when necessary, will be conducted by audio/videoconference.
Qualification and Competencies Education:
- Graduate degree in Economics, Social Science, Business, Law or any other areas experience and competencies;
- Up to 10 years of relevant work experience in Development work and Social movements;
- Highly motivated and experienced in coordinating, planning and facilitating workshops;
- Confident, persuasive, and able to communicate very well in English;
- Excellent administration, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent team work and participatory process skills;
- Flexible working hours-ability to work evening and weekends if necessary;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work duties as well as work competently under pressure and tight deadlines; and
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and good computer skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in English.
The vendor shall report directly to Connecting the Dot (CtD) Advisory Committee.
Submission of application:
Interested consultants are expected to send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Consultant Roaster” in the subject line of the application.